Investors for Impact respond to Covid-19
What can be done by our community of Investors for Impact in the short term and the positives that can come out of this situation post Covid-19
Dear EVPA friends,
We are currently witnessing an unprecedented global challenge. While the safety and security of our staff, families and communities are of the highest priority, EVPA has also spent this time for reflection to see what can be done by our community of Investors for Impact in the short term and the positives that can come out of this situation post Covid-19.
1. Community responses: We are committed to further support our community of practitioners during this time of uncertainty. Let us not forget that this is why the investing for impact community exists: to invest in high risk, bold solutions to mitigate and end global crises such as the current pandemic. Now is the time to come together, share insights, learn (fast) together, and keep supporting organisations, people and communities at the frontline. Our investees, often quite resilient but also fragile in their financial structure, are doing their utmost to contain the situation and save lives. Some actions we will launch:
- EVPA, together with AVPN, is preparing a webinar that will take place shortly and will focus on the Covid-19 situation in Asia and the responses Europe can learn from;
- We have come together and will join forces with the Open Society Foundations, Big Society Capital, GIIN and other relevant stakeholders of the impact investment ecosystem to respond quickly and effectively to the most pressing issues the Covid-19 crisis has created, with more concrete steps to be announced within the coming days. At the same time, EVPA moves forward to provide support to the most vulnerable groups and will enable its members and community to share their stories and requests so that we can accelerate our joint learning and impact. On our side, Sophie Faujour (email@example.com) will be the coordinator, streamlining and coordinating this communication. We cordially invite you to contact her directly for immediate requests or further details;
- In addition to that, next week we will launch the EVPA Online platform, our brand new online community, where members will be able to share and discuss interventions on how they cope with the current crisis situation. Members will also be able to highlight how Investors for Impact keep, or even reinforce their commitment to support their investees, and how the entrepreneurs they support are pivoting their business or weathering the storm in tangible and effective ways.
2. Accelerated connection: Self isolation and social distancing will act as a catalyst for future networking/conferencing. Movie streaming parties, virtual museum tours, fully online teams, and the rise of Daily Social Distancing Shows are just some examples of efforts to adapt to this new narrative and move forward. EVPA responds to this challenge by turning online with events and switching to digital capacity building. Our Training Academy will gradually offer all its trainings online and the organisation will further reinforce the successful practice of webinars and online content.
We send our best wishes for the safety and health of your families and communities. We are currently updating the agenda of live and in-person trainings and events in response to the impact of COVID-19, and will announce alternative formats in our upcoming newsletter.
We continue to be available for all your questions and needs. Also feel free to reach out directly to me, if you wish to. And please keep an eye on our website and social networks (links below) for further updates and news.
Let’s stay healthy, resilient and compassionate,
CEO & Board Member