Phenix Capital publishes 2020 Global Impact Platform Fund Report: A market map for Institutional Investors
This survey includes interesting findings about investing with impact
Phenix Capital have published the 2020 Global Impact Platform Fund Report: A market map for Institutional Investors.
Within the last decade, institutional asset owners – such as pension funds, insurance companies, private banks, foundations, and family offices – have increasingly made commitments to investment funds with the dual mandate to make positive impact, alongside risk-adjusted market rate returns.
Compiled with data from 487 fund managers representing 1306 impact investment funds listed on Global Impact Platform, this report provides unique insight and analytics into the institutional impact fund market, or what EVPA considers investing with impact.
- €245 billion has been allocated to 1,306 impact investment funds.
- €160 billion has been committed in the last decade.
- Private equity is the most dominant asset class, with €176 billion raised within private markets.
- Developed markets account for 47% of total committed capital and continue to be a primary driver of the impact investing industry’s growth.
- (V) SDG 13 Climate Action; SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy; SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure are the most targeted SDGs, raising the most institutional capital to date.
- (VI) SDG 13 Climate Action has seen commitments of €106 billion in 465 funds across 211 managers, with an average fund size of €205 million.
What’s in the report?
Read the 2020 Global Impact Platform Fund Report for comprehensive market intelligence from a capital committed and current fundraising perspective. Contents include:
- Impact fund universe overview
- Trends in public and private markets
- Fundraising activity within developed and emerging markets
- Sustainable Development Goals insights
- In-depth analysis of the most targeted Sustainable Development Goals
- Fund manager league tables by region